Bhavan's Journal Digital: FAQ
- Q. What is the difference between the Bhavan’s Journal Printed and the Bhavan’s Journal Digital?
A. The Bhavan’s Journal Digital is paperless. It is created electronically and retained on the server. One can login to the website to read it online.
- Q. Is the Bhavan’s Journal Digital available on tablets or smart phones?
A. Yes. The Bhavan’s Journal Digital can be read on tablets or smart phones. Register as a new subscriber for the Bhavan’s Journal Digital, make the payment to get your subscription activated and then login to read the digital version.
- Q. Is there any way to see how it will appear on my device, before subscribing?
A. Yes. We have provided one issue as FREE to check how Bhavan's Journal Digital will appear on your device.
- Q. How can I get the link to open the Free issue?
A. The link to open the FREE issue is provided on the top of the homepage itself.
- Q. Is the Bhavan’s Journal Digital FREE to subscribers of the Bhavan’s Journal Printed?
- Q. Is the Bhavan’s Journal Printed FREE to subscribers of the Bhavan’s Journal Digital?
- Q. Can one change one's subscription for the Bhavan’s Journal printed to the Bhavan’s Journal Digital or vice versa?
- Q. How can I read the Bhavan’s Journal Digital?
A. To read the Bhavan’s Journal Digital, First register as a new subscriber for Bhavan’s Journal Digital by filling all the fields properly. Enter a valid email id and create a password while registering. After registration, pay the subscription online to get your subscription activated. Log in using your email id and password to read the Bhavan’s Journal Digital.
- Q. Which password do I need to enter while registering? My password for checking email or a new one?
A. While registering, DON’T ENTER the same password you are using for checking your emails. Please create a new password for Bhavan’s Journal Digital.
- Q. Is Bhavan’s Journal Digital free?
A. No. Bhavan’s Journal Digital is not free. Pay the subscription amount to activate your account after registration. Only the subscribers who have activated their subscription can read the Bhavan’s Journal Digital.
- Q. What is the subscription fees for the Bhavan’s Journal Digital?
A. Rs. 500/- for one year subscription. A subscriber will get 48 issues + one bonus issue.
- Q. What is the method to send the amount for subscription?
A. Payment can be made online using debit/credit card, UPI etc. to get the subscription activated immediately.
- Q. Can one make the payment in the form of a Demand Draft, Cheque?
A. Yes. Demand Draft, Cheque should be in favour of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, and payable at Mumbai. Those who prefer this payment method also need to visit the site and fill the online subscription form to subscribe to Bhavan’s Journal Digital.
- Q. Can one make the payment via NEFT?
A. Yes. One can directly deposit the amount into Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai account under IDBI bank. Please visit Payment Option section for NEFT details. Intimating the Bhavan’s Journal Digital office after NEFT is mandatory to get your subscription activated.
- Q. Can someone from the Bhavan’s Journal Digital office do the registration if the money is sent via DD, Cheque or NEFT?
A. No. The subscription will be activated only after the subscriber completes the online registration, even after receiving the payment.
- Q. Are there any additional charges for outstation cheques?
- Q. In whose name should the Demand Draft/ Cheque be made?
A. Demand Draft or Cheque should be made in favour of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and is payable at Mumbai.
- Q. Can I pay by Debit / Credit Card, UPI etc.?
A. Yes. The Payment Gateway to subscribe for the Bhavan’s Journal Digital is available on this site. First register on the site and login to get the payment option.
- Q. Within how many days will the Subscription to Bhavan’s Journal Digital get activated?
A. The subscription to Bhavan’s Journal Digital will be activated immediately if the payment is made using the payment gateway provided on this site.
- Q. If the subscription amount is paid via NEFT, will it get activated immediately?
A. The Bhavan’s Journal Digital subscription will be activated only after getting confirmation from the bank, provided the subscriber has informed us, against which subscription the payment is made, via NEFT.
- Q. Can the subscription for the Bhavan’s Journal Digital be discontinued midway?
- Q. What is the refund policy?
A. No refund is allowed under any circumstances.
- Q. Can I share my subscription with others?
A. No. The subscription to the Bhavan’s Journal Digital is for single user only and the account may get blocked automatically if shared with others.
- Q. Is there any way to find out whether any other person is using my account?
A. Yes. Every time one logs in to read it online, the server keeps track of the location (ip address of the device) from where one is accessing the server. If the server finds duplicate entry points, it will automatically block that subscriber from accessing the pages.
- Q. What should one do if the account gets blocked?
A. Contact email@example.com to get it re-activated. Admin has the right to discontinue the account permanently if someone continues to share the login details with others.
- Q. What should one do if they forget the password?
A. On login page, link is provided for recovering the password. To recover the password, one needs to enter the email id used while registering. Password will be sent directly to that email id only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.
- Q. Will it be sent again to the mobile number given at the time of registration, if the email id used while registering is not accessible?
A. Yes. But for this, contact email@example.com.
- Q. Can I download the subscribed issues from Bhavan’s Journal Digital as PDF?
A. No. The Bhavan’s Journal Digital is not providing PDF version of the magazine for download. A subscriber needs to login and read the magazines online only.
- Q. Will the PDF of the subscribed issues be sent via email to the email id one has used while registering?
A. No. There is no PDF version and PDF version won’t be provided under any circumstances.
- Q. If a subscriber is not able to login for some time, will the issues published during that period be available or disappear after a period?
A. No. All the subscribed issues will be available all the time during the subscription period. It will disappear only after the subscription expires.
- Q. What are the other benefits one gets after subscribing to the Bhavan’s Journal Digital?
A. All subscribers of the Bhavan’s Journal Digital will get previous 48 issues (Two Years) free. These free issues will be available all the time till the current subscription expires.
- Q. Will these free issues and my subscribed issues be available if I renew the subscription after one year?
A. No. Your subscribed issues will start from the issue available at that time and you will get previous 48 issues only as free.
- Q. Apart from one year Subscription, is there any other subscription available for one year, two years etc.?
A. Not at present. In future, we will be starting one year subscription with more options like
One year Subscription + 48 previous issues free (one year).
One year Subscription + 120 previous issues free (5 years).
One year Subscription + 240 previous issues free (10 years).
One year Subscription + entire previous issues free (Since 1954).
Started in 1954, it has come to be recognised as one of the most widely read magazines of our country, having a vast and enlightened readership in India and abroad. The blending of extracted nectar with the delicacies of contemporary literary diet is what has made the Bhavan's Journal a deliciously unique journal presenting all that is best in India's culture, art, spiritual and philosophical thought.
Bhavan's Journal DIGITAL
Your favourite magazine Bhavan's Journal is now available in Digital Format.
- Subscribe NOW and START Reading...
- No waiting! Read all issues on the publishing date itself.
- Comfortable reading on Mobile, Tab, Laptop etc.
- Fast Loading. Page rendered as text and not as image or PDF
- Read past 48 issues free till Subscription ends.
- Read all Subscribed issues anytime till Subscription ends.
- Look and feel of the Printed Magazine.
- Read the Sample Issue to get an idea of the look & feel.
- Complete Text Search Facility.
- Copy Text or Print the page.
- One Year Subscription : Rs. 500/- only